There is an After School Club run by St Mary’s School from 3.10pm – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, staffed by Jackie Bell, Becs Wallis Sorbo and Lynn Harwood.
It is open to all pupils of the school, up to a maximum of 20 children, including Pre-School children from the age of 3 (who are welcome from 3pm). Please ensure where possible that your child knows that he/she is going to After School Club.
All bookings need to be made with Jackie Bell by calling 01432 860871 and must be rebooked each term.
This is on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
– After School Club is £4.00 per hour for the first child, and £3.50 per hour for a sibling.
– For children staying until 5.30pm, there will be an extra £1 charge per child.
– After School Club runs separately from the various school activity clubs which are held throughout the year and which finish in most cases at 4pm. If your child is taking part in one of these clubs they can finish at 4pm and then move to After School Club for the rest of the afternoon, provided their places are booked in advance with Jackie. However, if their club is cancelled (i.e. due to bad weather) there will not be an automatic space in After School Club from 3.10 pm, unless you have previously booked it.
– After School Club is held in the school hall. Please pick up at the back hall door by the kitchen window.
There is a strict cancellation policy in place unless your child is absent due to illness (this needs to be reported to Jackie Bell on 01432 860871).
– All cancellations need to be in place by noon, again by phoning Jackie.
– There is a £5.00 non-cancellation fee, as you will have taken up a much-wanted place.
– If you choose to come and pick your child up at 3.10 pm and sign them in and out and have not cancelled their place, you will still be charged the £5.00 non-cancellation fee..
– There is also a strict late collection fee of £10.00 if you arrive after 5.30pm to collect your child (other than in exceptional circumstances).
After a busy school day, we aim to provide the children with time to wind down in the way they choose and the structure of the club is kept informal; activities include drawing, playing with toys or board games, role play, ball games, etc. During the warmer, drier months we make use of the playing field.
A healthy snack is served every day; typical snacks are cheese and crackers and a selection of fresh fruit.
– We do cater for children with allergies or food preferences (such as vegetarians or coeliac) – please contact the School Office.
There will be no After School Club on the last day of each term.
For any questions and to book your child a place, please contact Jackie Bell on 01432 860871.