We encourage a sense of belonging in addition to pride in children’s own appearance.
Winter uniform is worn from October half-term to the Summer term after Easter.
- Navy blue jumper/cardigan with school badge.
- Pale blue shirt with collar, may be long or short-sleeved
- School tie
- Grey trousers/skirt, girls may wear trousers
- Navy/Grey or plain dark socks/ navy or grey tights
- Flat or low-heeled black or navy shoes, no trainers or boots
(except wellies in snowy weather)
- In Class 1 we recognise it is difficult to manage a tie and so Reception children may wear elasticated school ties.
Summer uniform may be worn during the Summer term and up to October half-term – when it can still be fairly warm!
- In Summer pale blue polo shirts and light blue gingham dresses may be worn. Children may also wear sandals with secure straps, not slip on styles
We do expect children to be able to dress and undress independently; including tying ties once in Year 1, and encourage parents to practise with children in preparation for PE lessons. It is also very helpful if your child can put on his or her own coat, fasten it and recognise their own belongings.
Children have 2-3 sessions of PE each week and may also take part in after school sports.
- Badged Navy School PE top
- Plain navy or black shorts
- Trainers for some indoor lessons
- Change of socks
- Hairband to tie back long hair
Outdoor kit – we do continue outdoors in Winter.
- Top, socks and shorts as for indoors
- Trainers/football boots when required (pumps are not robust enough for winter outdoor use)
- Navy warm top and navy tracksuit bottoms/leggings
- Hat/gloves on very cold days
- Shinpads for some sports
If your child swims s/he will need a hat, towel and costume.
The Pool prefer trunks, not Bermuda style swimshorts and one piece costumes rather than bikinis.
If your child has a verruca, a waterproof plaster or verruca sock may be worn
ALL ITEMS SHOULD BE NAMED!
We do have a pupil named “Poly Esther” whose clothing gets left around school and seems to multiply!
Where to buy St. Mary’s School uniform
- All badged school uniform (jumpers, cardigans, fleeces, showerproof coats, hats and PE Polo shirts)
and ties, may be purchased from: School Uniform Shop, St. Peters Street, High Town, Hereford, HR1 2LE
Telephone: 01432 340720